I used to think that the best way to tackle the journey of life was to do it by myself.
I held my cards close to my chest.
“I should know how to do this”
“I don’t need anyone to help me”
Maybe this resonates with you too?
Over the past 24 months, we have built a whole new way of coaching women integrating functional compassion and neuroscience with the incomparable @michelle_baty_.
And I’ve had to reveal myself,
which has been challenging.
I’m a coach and an entrepreneur.
SMP has a 25 person team working on multiple continents,
I have a half a million people on my IG.
I am an athlete.
Keeping my cards close to my chest feels safe,
Because isn’t that what leaders are meant to do?
It’s been really nice learning to reveal myself to people who can help me lead better.
I’ve found ways to feel more safe.
I’ve developed deeper relationships.
I’ve felt less alone.
I realised that hiding yourself doesn’t actually make you strong.
Biologically, we are social creatures.
We are meant to do things together.
And the real work is to work on your self -
1. Learn about your boundaries and relational rhythms
2. Learn about the things you LOVE
3. Learn from your mistakes and then grow from your mistakes
So you can lean on the people around you.
No one is perfect.
We are HUMAN.
And typically, we humans tend to do humaning better when we lean on other humans 😉
That’s why the Sports Model Project exists.
To help you transform physically, sure.
But also to transform emotionally, mentally and spiritually.
Our neuroscientist @michelle_baty will teach you principles around functional self-compassion so you can learn to
- Have a better understanding of your system
- Know the critical difference between a thought, a feeling, and a sensation
So you can -
- Regulate your thoughts and emotions
- Stay connected to your spirit while having high standards
- Find fulfillment in your process of transformation and personal mastery.
And it works.
The process has worked for me and for the thousands of women we have coached at SMP.
IF you do the work.
Hattie x SMP Coaching Team